For older adults who are planning ahead for the future, The Mayflower has always had a lot to offer: a vibrant lifestyle, maintenance-free living with luxury amenities, peace of mind. But now, as we just completed the first phase of the largest expansion in our history, we’re marking a new and exciting chapter in the life of our community – and residents are finding a lot more to love!
In 2017, when The Mayflower first announced an ambitious master plan for growth and transformation, our vision was bold and our goal was clear: We wanted to capture the imagination of the next generation, while making life better for everyone who lives here. Part of our strategic plan called for the construction of recently opened Bristol Landing, a contemporary on-campus neighborhood that includes 50 elegant 2- and 3-bedroom Waterside Residences, along with two major amenities to serve the whole community:
- A stunning 9,800-sq.-ft. Club House that features bistro-style cuisine in our Cru Quarters restaurant and al fresco dining on the deck; a card and game room; bar and lounge; and media room with theater-style seating and big screen ideal for watching movies and sports.
- A state-of-the-art Healthcare Center that includes skilled nursing and long-term care, memory support, and short-term rehab, designed around a “household” model that’s warm, inviting, and homelike.
Our main campus has seen changes, too. Our casual-dining, The Grille, has gotten a makeover with a fresh, updated look (and a new menu). We’ve also renovated and brightened interior hallways with new fixtures, paint, carpet, and artwork; installed new furniture in sitting areas; and redecorated guest rooms.
But what’s new at The Mayflower is not just about “bricks and mortar” … it’s also about a new vision, a new attitude, and new ways for residents to thrive. For example:
- We’ve reimagined our dining program from stem to stern. Inspired by a Director of Dining Services and an Executive Chef who bring country-club and restaurant experience to the table, we’ve infused a hospitality focus into everything we do.
- To elevate the culinary experience, our creative, eclectic menu incorporates local, fresh ingredients … vegetarian options … brick-oven-fired pizza … beer on tap and wine pairings – and that’s just for starters.
- Our rejuvenated Fitness and Lifestyle programs include more choices like Zumba, ballet barre, mindfulness classes, brain fitness, meditation, chef’s demo, environmental wellness, and partnerships with local arts organizations, to name just a few.
We’ve even rolled out a new way to become a Mayflower resident without changing your address! People who aren’t yet ready to make the move can take advantage of our Early Acceptance Program* – the first of its kind in Florida – offered exclusively to members of The Mayﬂower’s Captain’s Club. Early Acceptance residents have the freedom and ﬂexibility to continue to live in their own homes, while having access to all the benefits of our Life Plan Community including access to the highest quality of care if needed.
With everything that’s new at The Mayflower, don’t you think it’s time to take a closer look? Send us a message or give us a call at 407.672.1620 to request more information or schedule your personal tour.
*The Early Acceptance Program is a special offering available to a limited number of memberships.