Join the Mayflower
Our team members are integral in maintaining the standard of excellence in all aspects of our community. From compassionate nurses to talented chefs, every staff member is valued, and we strive to hire only the best of the best for our incredible residents.
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with great pricing for employees and dependents
- Company paid basic life/accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance options available
- Paid Time Off (PTO) with buy down options
- 403b Retirement Plan with employer match
- Employee assistance programs
- Annual health and wellness programs
- Training courses
- Internship opportunities
- Free healthy meals
- Ask about our part-time benefits (20 hours+)
- Excellent staff-to-resident ratios
- Flexible work schedules
- Resident Committee that grants scholarships to eligible Mayflower team members
- Employee appreciation and recognition events
- Positive work environment
Ask about our part-time benefits (20 hours+)
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at The Mayflower. Since 1989, we have been fostering strong community relationships and providing award-winning leadership in quality care. A big part of our success comes from the enthusiastic and compassionate service of volunteers like you. Here, people value the opportunity to give back and truly make a difference, and our volunteers play an important role in the lives of our residents, especially those in assisted living and skilled nursing facilities.
Want to help?
Please fill out the volunteer application and background screening forms, and submit them in person or via email to email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed, and you will be contacted as soon as possible.
Please note: If you are 18 or older and plan to volunteer more than 10 hours a month, you will need to pay $82.50 for a Level 2 background screen. A Level 1 screen is required for 10 hours or fewer each month.
We do not honor court-ordered community service hours.
Youth/teen volunteer program
We encourage young people in our community to be involved in intergenerational activities. If you are a student looking to gain volunteer hours for school or a scholarship, you must complete an application. Volunteers must be 16 or older to volunteer without supervision. If you are under 16, you will need a parent/guardian chaperone. Once your application is complete, please submit it in person or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1620 Mayflower Court
Winter Park, FL 32792
(407) 672-1620, ext. 1153
What can I do?
Here is a list of activities many volunteers can help us facilitate:
- Religious services and activities
- Birthday parties
- Transporting residents to and from planned activities
- Arts and crafts
- Games such as bingo, checkers, cards, etc.
- Exercise class
- Reading to residents
- Assisting with FaceTime calls and mobile devices
- Visiting and talking with residents
- Going on outdoor strolls
- Musical programs and other entertainment
- Library services
- Providing companionship to those who are unwilling or unable to participate in activities
- Assisting with clerical/office duties (making copies, helping with monthly newsletters, distributing mail, etc.)
- Encouraging residents to attend and participate in activities and social events
- Organizing, setting up, and clearing activity areas