Thank you for your interest in volunteering at The Mayflower. Since 1989, we have been fostering strong community relationships and providing award-winning leadership in quality care. A big part of our success comes from the enthusiastic and compassionate service of volunteers like you. Here, people value the opportunity to give back and truly make a difference. Our volunteers play an important role in the lives of our residents, especially those in the Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing facilities.
Want to help?
Please fill out the volunteer application and background screening forms to the right, and submit them in person or via email to Meg@themayflower.com. All applications will be reviewed, and you will be contacted as soon as possible.
* Please note:
If you are 18 or older and plan to volunteer more than 10 hours a month, you will need to pay $82.50 for a Level 2 background screen. A Level 1 screen is required for 10 hours or fewer each month.
Youth/Teen Volunteer Program
We encourage young people in our community to be involved in intergenerational activities. If you are a student looking to gain volunteer hours for school or a scholarship, you must complete an application. VOLUNTEERS MUST BE 16 OR OLDER TO VOLUNTEER WITHOUT SUPERVISION. If you are under 16, you will need a parent/guardian chaperone. Once your application is complete, please submit it in person or via email to Meg@themayflower.com.
What can I do?
Here is a list of activities many volunteers can help us facilitate:
My contact info:
- Religious services and activities
- Birthday parties
- Transporting residents to and from planned activities
- Arts and crafts
- Games such as bingo, checkers, cards, etc.
- Exercise class
- Reading to residents
- Assisting with FaceTime calls and mobile devices
- Visiting and talking with residents
- Going on outdoor strolls
- Musical programs and other entertainment
- Library services
- Providing companionship to those who are unwilling or unable to participate in activities
- Assisting with clerical/office duties (making copies, helping with monthly newsletters, distributing mail, etc.)
- Encouraging residents to attend and participate in activities and social events
- Organizing, setting up and clearing activity areas
Meg McAllister, Activities Director and Volunteer Coordinator
1620 Mayflower Court, Winter Park, FL 32792
407-672-1620 ext. 1153